What is Disability Employment Services (DES)?
Disability Employment Services (DES) is the Australian Government’s employment service that helps people with disability, injury or health condition to find and keep a job.
DES is a FREE service helping people with a disability, injury or health condition to find work and keep a job.
Am I eligible for DES services?
You may be eligible for our services if you:
- Have a diagnosed injury, illness or disability
- Are an Australian resident
- Are aged between 14 and 65 years
- Are able to work at least 8 hours per week (with support when required)
- Are not studying full time (unless you are an eligible school leaver)
- Are not working at or above your assessed employment capacity
How DES Can Help You
- Job matching to suitable jobs within your work capacity
- Assist with job applications
- Assist in creating resumes
- Tailored services to suit your preferences
- Marketing to employers
- Remove employment barriers
- Wage subsidy support
- Training and work experience to support you into employment
- Support in the workplace for as long as you need it
Why Choose SydWest
Our experienced employment consultants will work with you to overcome any barriers that you may have in meeting your personal goals and will link you with a job that is suitable to your needs.
We believe everyone has potential. SydWest will work with you to understand your abilities, strengths and will match you with opportunities that will suit your needs.
Our employment consultants know the local market and the employers near you. If we know your requirements, we will match you to a job that suits your needs. We will also prepare you and support you to remain in the job. This could be through training or development to make sure that you get the best possible experience in your job.